DO THIS TO TODAY AND CREATE BETTER ODDS FOR A SALE
Most writers hate doing it. The A-List writers always do it. What do they know that we don’t?
Terry Rossio and Tim Elliott, some of the highest paid writers on the planet, said your two best friends are your logline and outline.
Outline your plot BEFORE you write. It doesn’t have to be a treatment. Two or three pages double spaced.
Here is what you will accomplish for your script. You will:
1) Road test your concept
2) Ensure your structure actually works
3) See if your protagonist’s goal is obvious
4) See if there’s enough obstacles in your protag’s path
5) See if the antagonist is a worthy opponent for your protag
6) See if your secondary characters are pulling their weight
Think about it. Try it for your next script. I know you’ll see a vast difference.
Hey, thanks for checking out this episode of ON LOCATION.
Please visit the rest of the site and remember I offer a free ten minute consultation with absolutely no obligation.